I only run defensive scripts: flatten on daily loss, block orders in a blackout window. No entry EAs on prop accounts I care about.
Experience in plain terms: anything that places or manages entries without me clicking gets treated as higher scrutiny. I assume whitelist/blacklist language varies by firm and changes. So my practice is minimal automation, documented in my own notes, and tested on a throwaway challenge first if I must.
If a firm forbids EAs entirely, the flatten habit moves to a physical checklist and a hard personal stop. I would rather lose a little efficiency than argue about a script after a breach. Prop scalping already asks for discretion. Adding grey-area automation is optional risk I usually decline.
Whatever you run, keep a plain-language note of what it can do. If you cannot explain it in two sentences, it does not belong on an evaluated account. I would rather miss a flatten automation than surprise a risk desk with an undocumented helper. Document the kill switch path in the same note. If the script misbehaves, I need one obvious way to disable it without closing the whole terminal.
Expert advisor whitelist blacklist experiences on prop
-
PropScalpDesk
- Posts: 521
- Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm
-
Shadow Trader
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2026 5:19 pm
Re: Expert advisor whitelist blacklist experiences on prop
The two sentence rule is a good test. I'd add one more line to the note: what the script does if the connection drops. My flatten on daily loss script works fine while the terminal is connected, but during a disconnection it can't do anything, and the firm's limit keeps counting.
So my plain language note now has a third sentence: if the connection is lost, the script does nothing, so the physical checklist applies.
On the order blocking script, I've had a question from a risk desk once. Not about the blocking itself, but about why there were rejected orders in the log. The script cancelled them locally, but the firm's side saw the attempts.
I now block at the button level, before the order is sent, so nothing reaches the server.
I'd be interested in whether anyone has asked a firm directly for written confirmation that a defensive script is allowed. I tried once and got a reply that was so general it didn't really help.
What do you use for the kill switch? I have a hotkey that removes the script from the chart, but I'm not sure that's obvious enough.
So my plain language note now has a third sentence: if the connection is lost, the script does nothing, so the physical checklist applies.
On the order blocking script, I've had a question from a risk desk once. Not about the blocking itself, but about why there were rejected orders in the log. The script cancelled them locally, but the firm's side saw the attempts.
I now block at the button level, before the order is sent, so nothing reaches the server.
I'd be interested in whether anyone has asked a firm directly for written confirmation that a defensive script is allowed. I tried once and got a reply that was so general it didn't really help.
What do you use for the kill switch? I have a hotkey that removes the script from the chart, but I'm not sure that's obvious enough.