Advertisement IC Markets

Night-before calendar when geopolitics can spike

Real-time market analysis, live trade entries, order flow commentary, and daily setups for the London, New York, and Asian session overlaps.
Post Reply
LondonNewsTrader
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2026 9:30 am

Night-before calendar when geopolitics can spike

Post by LondonNewsTrader »

Scheduled news has a timestamp. Geopolitical risk does not. The night-before process still helps.

I mark whether the open risk is raised: weekend headlines, thin Monday liquidity, unresolved event risk that desks are already pricing. If yes, the sheet gets a simpler London plan - fewer pairs, earlier flatten rules, and a standing instruction that any out-of-calendar spike is treat-as-Tier-1 until spread and realised range calm down.

I do not pretend I can predict the headline. I decide in advance whether I am allowed to trade the first impulse at all. Usually the answer is no. The night-before work is writing that "no" while I am calm, so Monday morning me does not negotiate.

If nothing is raised, I still keep one line on the sheet: "unscheduled spike protocol = flatten and wait". Boring. Used twice last quarter. Both times I was glad it was already written. The point is not bravery. The point is having a rule when the calendar did not warn you. I keep the raised-risk mark for the whole London morning unless the tape is dull and spreads are normal by 08:30. Removing the mark early is how Monday heroics start.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
Post Reply