Advertisement IC Markets

How looks like your trading setup?

Optimize MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, cTrader, and TradingView for speed. Discuss Level II Market Depth (DOM), custom hotkeys, and volume indicators.
Post Reply
PTScalper
Site Admin
Posts: 4220
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 1:28 pm

How looks like your trading setup?

Post by PTScalper »

Hi traders,

today i will share how looks like my trading setup on my working station, right now im helping to my friend on MT5 account and my setup look like this.

6 opened charts to see corelation + different timeframes, in most cases i switch from M15 - H4.
Attachments
Snímek obrazovky 2026-10-07 094351.png
Snímek obrazovky 2026-10-07 094351.png (174.71 KiB) Viewed 22 times
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
Shadow Trader
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2026 5:19 pm

Re: How looks like your trading setup?

Post by Shadow Trader »

Six charts across M15 to H4 for correlation work makes sense, but I'd be curious how you lay them out when you are helping on someone else's account. Do you keep their charts on a separate screen or profile, so you never place an order in the wrong terminal?

That one bit me years ago. Two MT5 windows open, same pair, different accounts, and I closed a position on the wrong one. Since then each account gets its own colour scheme, dark blue background for mine and grey for anything else.

On the correlation side, I found six charts was more than I could actually read in real time. I ended up with EURUSD and GBPUSD side by side on M5, plus DXY on M15 above them, and the H4 only gets looked at before the session starts.

If you switch between M15 and H4 on the same chart, do you keep separate templates for each? My levels kept disappearing when I flipped timeframes until I set them to show on all periods.

What's the one chart you'd keep if you had to close five of them?
Post Reply