Advertisement IC Markets

Calibrating my post-trade honesty prompts when returning from holiday

Document your personal trading journey. Track daily equity curves, review winning and losing streaks, share trade screenshots, and get constructive feedback.
Post Reply
LondonNewsTrader
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2026 9:30 am

Calibrating my post-trade honesty prompts when returning from holiday

Post by LondonNewsTrader »

Holiday return weeks fill journals with soft lies: "a bit rusty", "just shaking off the trip", "spread was wild". I use a tighter honesty prompt set for the first five live sessions back.

Prompts:

- Did I trade a level that was not on Friday's map?
- Did I shorten a blackout because I was bored?
- Did I size up to feel "back"?
- Would I defend this ticket to a colleague without mentioning the holiday?
- Did I invent a news-adjacent scalp that was not on the night sheet?

If any answer is yes, the session gets a red process tag even if P&L is green. Calibration means I keep those prompts until I stack three clean sessions, then I return to the normal shorter list. The holiday is allowed to affect sleep. It is not allowed to edit the sheet without a written note. Green P&L with red process still counts as a failed return week in my book. I also compare the return week to the week before the holiday on process tags only, ignoring P&L. If the holiday week is cleaner on process, the problem was not rust - it was the way I came back.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
Post Reply