Advertisement IC Markets

Minimal chart for M1: what remains after declutter

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
Post Reply
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

Minimal chart for M1: what remains after declutter

Post by LondonScalper »

Minimal chart for M1: what remains after declutter.

End state for me: candles, session separator, a few pre-marked levels, spread display, and position/line for stop. No RSI stack, no signal arrows, no news overlay fighting the price. Calendar lives on monitor two.

Declutter is ongoing. Every month something creeps back. The test remains: does this object change a decision in a way the journal respects? If not, delete.

Minimal is not moral purity -- it is faster recognition and fewer excuses.

Paste your minimum viable M1 layout -- what is non-negotiable on the price pane?

When I add something back, it gets a thirty-day probation with a journal note. Most fail probation. Minimal charts are maintained, not achieved once. Declutter is a recurring session task like syncing the clock.

I am interested in how others on this desk handle the same problem without turning it into folklore. Concrete rules and log fields beat slogans. If you have a version of "Minimal chart for M1: what remains after declutter" that survived contact with live sessions, what does the rule look like on a sticky note -- and what did you try that failed?
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: Minimal chart for M1: what remains after declutter

Post by PropScalpDesk »

Pretty close to mine. The one extra thing on my price pane is a clock with seconds, because I time exits against the minute close more than I'd like to admit.

A trick that helps with the creep: save the clean layout as a template and reload it every morning before the session. Anything added during the day disappears overnight unless I deliberately put it into the template, and that's a much higher bar than just dragging an indicator on.

What failed for me was a session VWAP line. Useful in theory, but I kept treating every touch as a signal.
Post Reply