A session risk budget stopped me treating every hour as equally worth bleeding for.
Simple example I actually run: about 0.5R allocated to selective Asia work, 1R for London, 1R for NY — not because those numbers are magic, but because they force sequence. If Asia spends its half-R early, I do not "borrow" from London out of boredom.
How the budget behaves
1. Unused Asia budget does not roll into a larger London gamble by default.
2. A London loss does not unlock revenge size in NY.
3. Hard daily stop still sits above the session buckets.
The point is pacing, not bureaucracy.
Do you split risk by session with fixed R caps, or keep one daily pot and let the open take most of it?
On holiday-thinned weeks I shrink the London and NY buckets together rather than pretending liquidity is normal. The ratios are a template, not a religion — but something must cap the urge to spend the whole daily stop before lunch.
Unused budget is success when the tape is poor. Spending it to feel productive is how session caps fail.
Session risk budget: 0.5R Asia / 1R London / 1R NY example
-
LondonScalper
- Posts: 770
- Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am
-
PropScalpDesk
- Posts: 364
- Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm
Re: Session risk budget: 0.5R Asia / 1R London / 1R NY example
Quick question on the numbers: the three buckets add up to 2.5R, so is the hard daily stop above that or below it? If the daily stop is 2R, a bad Asia and London already use most of it and NY's 1R only partly exists.
I use one daily pot with a clock condition: no more than 60% of the daily stop can be used before 11:00 London. It does the same job of stopping the open from taking everything, without having to decide on an Asia allocation I rarely use.
I use one daily pot with a clock condition: no more than 60% of the daily stop can be used before 11:00 London. It does the same job of stopping the open from taking everything, without having to decide on an Asia allocation I rarely use.