Advertisement IC Markets

Journaling emotions in one word tags before P&L

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
Post Reply
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

Journaling emotions in one word tags before P&L

Post by LondonScalper »

Journaling emotions in one-word tags before P&L.

Order matters. If I write P&L first, I rewrite the emotion to match the money ("calm" on a lucky winner). So the template forces emotion and process grade first; R result last.

Word list I allow
calm, focused, rushed, bored, annoyed, fearful, euphoric, tired. No essays. If I need a sentence, it goes in the note field after.

Weekly chart of emotion vs process grade was more useful than emotion vs P&L. Bad feelings plus good process still happen; bad feelings plus bad process is the trade I am trying to delete.

Do you lock emotion before seeing the result, or do you still narrate after the fact?

I practise the order on demo ticks sometimes -- emotion first -- so live days are muscle memory. It feels artificial until you notice how often you used to write "disciplined" on a chaotic green ticket. Sequence exposes lies gently.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: Journaling emotions in one word tags before P&L

Post by PropScalpDesk »

Emotion before result, yes. Of your eight words, "tired" turned out to be the one that predicted my bad process grades most reliably, more than "annoyed" or "rushed".

That pushed me to add a number next to the word: hours of sleep the night before. It's crude, but below six hours my process grade dropped sharply, green or red, and that's the only field in my journal that has ever made me take a day off before the session started.
Post Reply