Advertisement IC Markets

Pre-London prep routine: levels, news, and max risk for the day

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
Post Reply
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

Pre-London prep routine: levels, news, and max risk for the day

Post by LondonScalper »

Pre-London prep: levels, news, max risk

London open without prep is just expensive entertainment. My pre-London routine is short on purpose so I actually do it on sleepy mornings instead of skipping it when it matters most.

Fifteen minutes before cash open:
  • Levels: prior day high/low, overnight range edges, one magnet I care about — not twenty lines of folklore.
  • News: any Tier-1 inside the next four hours? If yes, max risk is already reduced and blackout times are written.
  • Max risk: cash number for the session, spoken once out loud so it is harder to “forget.”
If I cannot finish those three, I delay the first click. The market will still be there. My discipline might not be if I start messy and try to invent structure mid-flow.

What does your pre-London prep include that you refuse to skip even when you are late?

On mornings when I am late, the rule is still the same: unfinished prep means delayed first click, not a compressed prep that skips the max-risk line. Skipping the cash number is how size creep starts before London even opens.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: Pre-London prep routine: levels, news, and max risk for the day

Post by PropScalpDesk »

The one I won't skip even when I'm late is embarrassingly basic: checking which account the terminal is logged into. With a personal account, a funded account and a demo on the same machine, I've placed a real order on the wrong login once, and it was enough.

The other is a two-minute scan of what happened overnight and why, not just the levels. A level from yesterday means something different if Asia moved on a central bank headline rather than on drift.
Post Reply