Advertisement IC Markets

EA policy on The Funded Trader: what got flagged in practice

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
Post Reply
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

EA policy on The Funded Trader: what got flagged in practice

Post by LondonScalper »

EA policy on The Funded Trader — what got flagged

Discretionary scalpers sometimes add a “helper” EA for brackets, news flatten, or hotkey macros and assume it is harmless. Firm policy is rarely as casual as forum folklore, and “I only use it for exits” is not a magic shield.

What I learned the hard way in practice:
  • Read the current EA / HFT / copy / script rules before you attach anything — including close-all tools.
  • If the firm wants pure discretionary, keep automation off the challenge login entirely.
  • Screenshot and date the rule page you relied on; policies move and memories fade after a flag.
I am not anti-tooling. I am anti-surprise breaches. If your edge truly needs an EA, pick a firm that allows it explicitly rather than arguing after equity is frozen. Discretionary process should not depend on grey-area scripts.

Anyone else had an EA or script flagged on The Funded Trader (or similar) — what was the exact trigger in your case?
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: EA policy on The Funded Trader: what got flagged in practice

Post by PropScalpDesk »

Good advice on screenshotting the rule page. I'd add the platform to that screenshot too. Around 2024 a lot of firms moved away from MetaTrader onto other platforms, and the EA rules changed with the move. A close-all script that was fine on MT5 either didn't exist on the new platform or fell under a different clause. People who "didn't change anything" were suddenly running a different setup.

The other flag I've heard of in practice isn't about the EA itself but about copying: identical entry timestamps and sizes across several accounts, even manual ones using a trade copier. If a helper tool places orders on more than one account, read the copy-trading clause as well as the EA one.
Post Reply