Advertisement IC Markets

Naming the emotion before any size change

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
Post Reply
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

Naming the emotion before any size change

Post by LondonScalper »

Name the emotion before any size change

Size creep rarely announces itself as greed. It arrives as “confidence,” “I see it clearly,” or “this one needs room.” My fix is verbal and slightly embarrassing: I name the emotion out loud before I touch the lot field, even if I am alone in the room.

The rule is strict:
  • If I want to increase size mid-session, I must say the word — boredom, euphoria, fear, FOMO, impatience — before the click.
  • If I cannot name it cleanly in one word, size stays put.
  • If the word is euphoria or revenge, size can only go down, never up, for the rest of that session.
It sounds theatrical. It is cheaper than a slipped stop on gold after a winner. Naming breaks the automatic hand that ups size because the last trade worked. On prop this matters twice: consistency rules notice clusters of oversized tickets dressed as “confidence.”

Do you require any explicit gate before resizing, or is lot size still a gut feel mid-flow?
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: Naming the emotion before any size change

Post by PropScalpDesk »

I do a written version of this. The emotion word goes into the order comment field in MT5 before any size change. It's slower than saying it out loud, which is the point, and it's searchable. At the end of the month I can filter every ticket where the comment says "sure" or "obvious" and see how those did. Mine weren't pretty.
Post Reply