Advertisement IC Markets

EURUSD failed opening drive 07:00–08:00: fade rules I trust

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
Post Reply
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

EURUSD failed opening drive 07:00–08:00: fade rules I trust

Post by LondonScalper »

Early London can print a drive that fails. Fading it needs rules or it becomes gambling with a clock.

I trust the fade when the drive is sharp, tags a known level or Asia extreme, then loses momentum and reclaims inside the opening structure. I do not fade a drive that is still making fresh extremes with acceptance. Stop beyond the drive high or low. Target is conservative — back into the balance — not a full day reversal fantasy because the open looked emotional.

If US data is imminent, I skip. If spreads are elevated, I skip. If I already took a London loser, I do not use the failed-drive fade as recovery theatre.

This is specifically the failed-drive case in the early window — not a general "trade Frankfurt" slogan.
  • Do you fade failed opening drives on EURUSD?
  • Do you restrict it to an early clock window like I do?
Distinct from broader open folklore — failed drive only.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: EURUSD failed opening drive 07:00–08:00: fade rules I trust

Post by PropScalpDesk »

One thing about that window: 07:00 to 08:00 London is before the cash open, so the drive is built on thinner European liquidity, and the stops sitting just above or below it tend to get tested again as soon as London volume arrives at 08:00. That's partly why the fade works, and also why an entry too early can be stopped out by the 08:00 surge before the fade plays out.

I do fade failed drives in that hour, but my entry waits for 08:00 plus a few minutes. If the drive's extreme survives the first burst of London volume, that tells me more than any reclaim before 08:00.
Post Reply