Advertisement IC Markets

Asia range fade during London-NY overlap: rules and filters

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
Post Reply
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

Asia range fade during London-NY overlap: rules and filters

Post by LondonScalper »

Fading the Asia range into London–NY overlap only works with filters; without them it is a hobby.

Asia builds a box. Overlap sometimes breaks it for real and sometimes fakes traders who faded the first tick. I need evidence of failed continuation or a clear reclaim before I treat the fade as business.

Filters I insist on
1. Spread inside London–NY cap — no fade into a wide quote.
2. No Tier-1 US print inside the next blackout window.
3. Invalidation beyond the Asia extreme written before entry, not after pain.

If the break looks initiative-heavy, I stand aside or look for continuation instead of arguing with the tape.

How do you decide Asia-range fade versus overlap continuation when both narratives are loud?

I log fades and continuations under different tags so Sunday does not blend two strategies into one fake expectancy. Overlap is busy enough without letting the journal lie about which playbook paid.

If both fade and continuation filters fail, standing aside is the trade. Overlap will not run out of candles.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: Asia range fade during London-NY overlap: rules and filters

Post by PropScalpDesk »

Maybe I'm reading the timing wrong, but by the overlap the Asia range has usually been broken already, often during the first hour of London. So in practice, what gets faded around 13:00 London is London's extension beyond the Asia extreme, not the Asia box itself.

I think that changes the invalidation. A stop beyond the Asia extreme might sit inside the London range by then, meaning ordinary overlap noise can take it out. Do you move the reference to the London high or low once London has broken Asia, or keep the Asia level regardless?
Post Reply