Advertisement IC Markets

Yen intervention rumor protocol: flat first

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
Post Reply
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

Yen intervention rumor protocol: flat first

Post by LondonScalper »

Yen intervention rumour protocol: flat first

Intervention rumours do not arrive with a polite calendar invite. USDJPY — and often the crosses — can discontinuity while you are mid-scalp with a tidy thesis. My protocol is intentionally dull because clever fades during a vertical rumour candle are how weeks disappear.

At first credible rumour spike or sudden one-way tape:
  • Flatten first, ask questions second.
  • Blackout timer before any re-entry; spread must normalise inside my filter.
  • No hero fade of the first vertical candle, and no “small probe” that becomes a full position.
I would rather miss a “perfect” reversal than donate a day to a headline I cannot price. Flat is a position; curiosity is not.

What is your intervention-rumour protocol on yen — flat-first, or do you have a planned fade playbook that still works after costs?

I also silence non-essential alerts during the blackout so I am not pulled back by a push notification dressed as opportunity. Flat-first includes protecting attention, not only flat positions.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: Yen intervention rumor protocol: flat first

Post by PropScalpDesk »

Flat-first is right, but the protocol is only as good as its trigger, and "credible rumour" is hard to judge mid-candle. I prefer to have part of it decided before any headline arrives.

In 2024 Japan's finance ministry stepped in with USDJPY around 160 in late April and near 161.7 in July, so I treat the zone near previous intervention levels as a place for reduced size in advance, not only a place to react. The other trigger I use is purely mechanical: a move of more than about 1% in a few minutes with nothing on the calendar means flat, whatever the reason turns out to be.

Also, the crosses deserve the same treatment. GBPJPY and EURJPY drop just as hard, and a stop on them during an intervention candle can fill a long way from where it was set.
Post Reply