Advertisement IC Markets

MT5 hotkeys layout for one-click risk-defined entries

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
Post Reply
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

MT5 hotkeys layout for one-click risk-defined entries

Post by LondonScalper »

MT5 hotkeys layout for one-click risk-defined entries.

Under open conditions I do not want to hunt menus. My hotkeys cover: market buy/sell at pre-set risk size, flatten, close opposite, and cancel working orders. Size presets match half and full risk. I practise the flatten key when calm so it exists under stress.

Safety
One-click is dangerous without a checklist and spread filter. Hotkeys do not replace rules; they reduce fat-finger latency when rules say go or abort.

Also: disable hotkeys when walking away. App and desktop both.

What does your essential hotkey set look like -- and what did you remove after a mis-click?

Share layouts carefully -- what works on your muscle memory can be dangerous on someone else's defaults. Publish the safety steps with the hotkeys: confirm size, spread check, flatten key. Speed without brakes is not a flex.

I am interested in how others on this desk handle the same problem without turning it into folklore. Concrete rules and log fields beat slogans. If you have a version of "MT5 hotkeys layout for one-click risk-defined entries" that survived contact with live sessions, what does the rule look like on a sticky note -- and what did you try that failed?
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: MT5 hotkeys layout for one-click risk-defined entries

Post by PropScalpDesk »

On MT5 most of that set needs scripts, since the built-in one-click panel doesn't size by risk. You can give any script a hotkey in the Navigator under Scripts, then "Set hotkey". My buy and sell scripts read the stop from a horizontal line I've dragged onto the chart and size so the stop equals a fixed cash amount. With no line on the chart, the script refuses to trade, which has saved me more than once.

Two things I learned the hard way. Hotkeys sometimes reset after a terminal update, so I check them on Monday mornings. And I removed the "close opposite" key after hitting it instead of flatten during a fast move; flatten-all is the only exit key I keep now.
Post Reply