Advertisement IC Markets

EURUSD at Asia session: correlated risk cut rule

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
Post Reply
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

EURUSD at Asia session: correlated risk cut rule

Post by LondonScalper »

Asia session EURUSD is where correlated risk used to sneak past me.

A small EURUSD scalp plus a quiet EURJPY "hedge" that was not a hedge left me with one idea wearing two tickets. When Tokyo was thin, both legs could misbehave together while I told myself I was diversified.

Correlated risk cut rule I use in Asia
1. EURUSD and closely related EUR crosses share one risk budget overnight.
2. If one leg is open, the second needs a written reason beyond "chart looks nice."
3. Into London open I prefer to cut inventory rather than hope both wake up politely.

Asia is for selective work, not for stacking the same bet under different symbols.

How do you cap correlated EUR risk in the overnight book — hard net exposure, or pair allowlists?

If Asia forces a choice, EURUSD is usually the primary ticket and the cross is confirmation only — or off. Confirmation that needs its own full R is not confirmation; it is a second bet with a different name.

Net exposure in R across those names is what I write down — not a vague sense that tickets are small.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: EURUSD at Asia session: correlated risk cut rule

Post by PropScalpDesk »

Worth writing out what that EURJPY "hedge" actually was. Long EURUSD is long euro, short dollar. Short EURJPY is short euro, long yen. Put together, the euro legs cancel and you're left short dollar, long yen, which is simply a short USDJPY position. Far from reducing risk, it swaps a EUR view for a yen view, in the session where the yen is most likely to move on a Japanese headline.

For the overnight book I use an allowlist: one EUR pair in Asia, full stop. Net exposure in R is the more precise tool, but at 03:00 the simplest rule is the one I'll actually follow.
Post Reply