Advertisement IC Markets

Red flag tags: revenge, FOMO, boredom, news-chase

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
Post Reply
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

Red flag tags: revenge, FOMO, boredom, news-chase

Post by LondonScalper »

Red-flag tags in the journal did more for my news discipline than another indicator.

I tag revenge, FOMO, boredom, and news-chase when I notice them — ideally within the hour, not on Sunday when memory has rewritten the story. The tag is not therapy. It is a sortable column that shows which emotional shortcut actually costs money.

How I use the tags
1. After three of the same flag in a week, size steps down automatically next session.
2. News-chase tags inside blackout windows are treated as process breaks, not "bad luck."
3. I review flags before I review P&L so the green days cannot hide the behaviour.

If a tag never appears, I do not trust the journal yet.

Which red-flag label shows up most in your book, and did naming it change the click rate?

I keep the tag vocabulary small on purpose. Too many labels and Sunday review becomes taxonomy theatre. Four honest flags beat twenty shades of mood that I will never sort.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: Red flag tags: revenge, FOMO, boredom, news-chase

Post by PropScalpDesk »

Boredom, by a distance, and nearly always between about 11:00 and 12:30 London when the morning move is done and the US data is still an hour off.

The small change that made the tags more honest was writing the tag when I enter, not when I close. If I wait for the result, a winning boredom trade magically becomes "patience". The tag field is filled before the order goes in, or the order doesn't go in.
Post Reply