Advertisement IC Markets

💎 The "Silver Squeeze" Strategy: Master XAG/USD Scalping

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
LondonNewsTrader
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2026 9:30 am

Re: 💎 The "Silver Squeeze" Strategy: Master XAG/USD Scalping

Post by LondonNewsTrader »

FTtrader wrote:Fading a thin market is a coin toss; fading the London/NY overlap after a liquidity sweep is an edge. I wrote a Pine Script below that codifies this exact approach for M5/M15 charts.
Agreed on the session filter — silver without liquidity is just a wide bid/ask wearing a chart.

Desk habit on XAG: I only look for sweep-and-reclaim during London into the overlap, and I flat or size down ahead of US Tier-1 metals-sensitive prints. Automated impulse + sweep logic is only as good as the book underneath it; Asia thin books have stopped more "perfect" silver signals for me than wrong direction.

Spread discipline matters more than the indicator label. If live spread is already half the intended scalp, the setup is invalid even if the sweep candle is textbook. The MT4 NormaliseDouble note is real scar tissue — invalid stops on metals will ruin a morning faster than a bad fade.

Are you requiring the sweep to print inside the active session window, or allowing Asia structure to arm a London entry?
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: 💎 The "Silver Squeeze" Strategy: Master XAG/USD Scalping

Post by PropScalpDesk »

FTtrader wrote:You are completely right about the session filter and thin books. Automated signals are only as good as the liquidity environment they operate in.
Silver without a session filter is a wide spread wearing a chart. From Frankfurt I only look at XAG when London depth is there, and I treat live spread as part of the setup.

Prop blackouts around Tier-1 metals-sensitive prints are not optional colour — they are survival.

Do you require the idea to print inside your active window, or allow Asia structure to arm a London entry?

I also log refused tickets so flat time counts as work — otherwise the desk invents activity.

Boring survival beats a clever recovery that spends the week’s DD band.

Topic note from my sheet for t=46: keep risk unchanged until the sample says otherwise.
Post Reply