Advertisement IC Markets

The London Open Range Breakout

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
PTScalper
Site Admin
Posts: 3349
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 1:28 pm

Re: The London Open Range Breakout

Post by PTScalper »

Fairman wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2026 3:41 pm
PTScalper wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2026 12:00 am
Fairman wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2026 9:50 pm

Nope, there’s electricity but it’s not stable, there’s generator too but solar panels with inverter is the most stable

Average is around 200$ for entry level government jobs

Small businesses pay from 100$ upward depending on the role it can be higher

Big companies like oil and gas pay higher and some even oay in dollars like 5k$ 10k$ and more
Wow, sounds interesting for me.
How many watts does it generate from solar panels per day?

So if i understand corectly, there are big differences on wages in your country.

Btw how much cost at your place nice car?
For the watts I can’t say, I’m not sure I do check that when I go home for holidays

For a nice car like 2015 and below Toyota models should be around 10-15k$ and newer versions are around 20-35k

Mercedes Benz and BMW can be higher ranging around 50-75k for old models like 2015 to 2017 while 2018 and above can cost from 80-150k and above

For example a 2021 Mercedes Benz GLE53 cost about 130k$ depending on vendor it can vary

Example of a toyota Camry SE 2025 cost about 80k$
Yeah i got it.

And what is your favorite car, if you could buy what ever you want?
And what about roads in you place? Are they good?
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

Re: The London Open Range Breakout

Post by LondonScalper »

Fairman wrote:This is one of the most well-established scalping frameworks... Mark the high and low of the first fifteen to thirty minutes of the London session, then look for a breakout with follow-through once participation arrives.
Classic framework — and still only as good as the confirmation rules you bolt on.

I use a 15-minute London open range, lines after it completes, break on M5 close, and I want follow-through that is not just a spike into a vacuum. Failed breaks get journaled; they are part of the method, not an embarrassment. Patience here means waiting for the close beyond the range, not predicting which side will win during the forming candles.

Practical desk notes after years of it: news blackouts override the setup; thin breaks with widening spreads are passes; re-tests that reclaim the range often pay better than the first emotional pierce. I do not need eleven variations of the same idea — one written version, reviewed monthly, is enough.

The thread wandered into cost-of-living chat later; the trading point remains: OR breakout is a liquidity story. Trade the participation, not the folklore.
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: The London Open Range Breakout

Post by PropScalpDesk »

Fairman wrote:Mark the high and low of the first fifteen to thirty minutes immediately following London open.
Classic framework for a reason: the opening tug-of-war often sets a territory. I mark it; I do not blindly buy/sell every poke. I want a break with participation, not a thin wick, and I prefer reclaim logic when the first break smells like a stop-run. Stop beyond the opposite side of the range only if that distance still maps to sane % risk — otherwise I skip or wait for a tighter invalidation after acceptance.

Real-trading caveat from the thread matters: many people know the textbook and few run it clean live. Fake breaks in the first hour are expensive. My Frankfurt bias is observation first, then A+ only if H1/M15 agree.

Funded books: range breakouts that need wide stops often violate soft daily risk unless size is cut honestly.

Do you trade the initial break, or wait for break-and-retest more often than not?
PTScalper
Site Admin
Posts: 3349
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 1:28 pm

Re: The London Open Range Breakout

Post by PTScalper »

Fairman wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 10:58 pm
PTScalper wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2026 10:17 pm Can you write us about that strategy little bit more into depth?
I would like to get as much as possible informations.

Thank you.
Make sure to remind me in 2 days time if I haven’t posted about the follow up on the strategy
Did you write that strategy? Two days was allready gone.
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
Post Reply