Hi Fairman,
yeah i see that in very similar way.
Im not session trader as well.
I do not watch if it is London or NYC session, simple what works for me is to understand if the price is good.
Different trading strategies in forex trading
Re: Different trading strategies in forex trading
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
-
LondonScalper
- Posts: 770
- Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am
Re: Different trading strategies in forex trading
Fair pushback — and I would not defend “London always prints the same pattern” either. That is holy-grail thinking, and it fails.Fairman wrote:I cannot really say much about this since I am not a session trader: session trading is not repeatable, and price will not always print the same pattern each London session. A strategy limited to London sessions is not exactly what I would do.
I use the session as a filter, not as a prophecy. Liquidity, spreads, and attention are better inside the London fence; that does not mean every open will rhyme. Patterns need not repeat candle-for-candle for a fence to be useful — you choose when you may take risk, not claim the market owes you a setup.
On this desk the London playbook is shortlist, grade, and hard invalidation inside written hours. No A+ setup means flat. Switching methods every week resets the sample; one fence lets you learn whether your process works when the book is tradeable.
Gentle rule: session = attention and liquidity filter, not a repeating pattern promise. If you reject London-only, how do you still gate when you may click versus only review?
-
PropScalpDesk
- Posts: 364
- Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm
Re: Different trading strategies in forex trading
Price quality over clock worship is fair — with one Frankfurt caveat. Session still changes spread, sweep behaviour, and how honest “good price” is. I will take a clean level outside my prime window only at reduced size, because fill math changes even when the structure rhyme looks the same.PTScalper wrote:Im not session trader as well. I do not watch if it is London or NYC session — simple what works for me is to understand if the price is good.
Desk rule: permissions can be level-based, but cost gates stay session-aware. A beautiful discount in thin liquidity is still a bad job.
Different strategies can coexist; undefined risk cannot. Whatever your approach, write the invalidation before the click.
Strategies can be session-agnostic in theory and still respect that London changes the bill. Good price includes the cost of being early in the wrong liquidity.
How do you define “price is good” in one line before entry — discount to H1, sweep-reclaim, or something else?