Advertisement IC Markets

TOOLS, SETUP & ENVIRONMENT

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
PTScalper
Site Admin
Posts: 3352
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 1:28 pm

Re: TOOLS, SETUP & ENVIRONMENT

Post by PTScalper »

Fairman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 10:12 am
PTScalper wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 10:04 am
Fairman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 10:01 am

I understand but you can have it at home and carry your phone when you are out

When you at home you use the ipad when you are out you use your phone
I prefer mobile all the time :-) even when im at home.
I do not know why, but it suits to me.
I often use my phone to analyse too and I hit Sl 🥸
There is one trick, to not get stop loss 😁 do not use it 😂😂
Im just kidding, stop loss is important for consistancy and to be able to handle risk properly.
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

Re: TOOLS, SETUP & ENVIRONMENT

Post by LondonScalper »

Fairman wrote:My Multi-Monitor Setup Didn't Make Me a Better Trader... The Single Piece of “Trading Tech” That Actually Made the Biggest Difference Wasn't Trading Tech At All... just a simple spreadsheet for tracking.
Agree — gear is a distraction tax until process is stable.

I run two screens because execution and news need separation, not because more candles equal more edge. VPS matters for algos; for discretionary London scalps, a stable local connection and honest fills matter more. Platform hopping in search of salvation was a phase; the spreadsheet of planned-vs-realised R ended it.

Desk environment rules that actually helped: dedicated chair and hours (not sofa trading), notifications cut to session-relevant alerts only, and the journal sheet open before the charts. Phones are for two-factor and calendar — not for improvising tickets on the train.

Tools serve the routine. When the routine is weak, another monitor just displays the weakness in higher resolution. Fix the sheet and the checklist first; buy glass later if you still need it.
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: TOOLS, SETUP & ENVIRONMENT

Post by PropScalpDesk »

Fairman wrote:The single piece of trading tech that actually made the biggest difference wasn't trading tech at all.
Same bruise: I switched platforms chasing a feeling that was really about process. From Frankfurt the upgrades that stuck were prosaic — reliable execution log, a boring checklist card, and a chair I leave on time. Chart cosmetics did not fix revenge tickets.

Practical rule: no platform change mid-challenge. No new indicator pack during a drawdown. Fix the behaviour that shows up in the journal first; then, maybe, change tools.

If a tool does not change a decision I already write down, it is decoration.

Environment fixes also include light, clock placement, and removing a second screen that only hosts feeds. Less input, fewer invented tickets. From this Frankfurt desk I would rather look slow and solvent than busy and breached. Concrete habit: if the rule is not written on the morning card, it does not exist mid-session. I will not invent discipline from memory while the spread is moving.

What non-trading object or habit actually improved your mornings more than a platform switch?
Post Reply