Advertisement IC Markets

What is your source of relaxation after trading?

Master exponential money management, position sizing calculators, strict daily stop-loss limits, and overcoming FOMO on micro-timeframes.
Post Reply
PTScalper
Site Admin
Posts: 3349
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 1:28 pm

What is your source of relaxation after trading?

Post by PTScalper »

Hi traders,

how do you relax after stressful trading?
My main source of relaxation is walk in forest, good coffee and nature in nutshell:-)
Attachments
IMG_0579.jpeg
IMG_0579.jpeg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 241 times
IMG_0576.jpeg
IMG_0576.jpeg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 241 times
IMG_0575.jpeg
IMG_0575.jpeg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 241 times
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
PTScalper
Site Admin
Posts: 3349
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 1:28 pm

Re: What is your source of relaxation after trading?

Post by PTScalper »

Nature is just wonderfull :-)

Do you Agree?
Attachments
IMG_0586.jpeg
IMG_0586.jpeg (6.05 MiB) Viewed 231 times
IMG_0585.jpeg
IMG_0585.jpeg (10.91 MiB) Viewed 231 times
IMG_0584.jpeg
IMG_0584.jpeg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 231 times
IMG_0581.jpeg
IMG_0581.jpeg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 231 times
IMG_0580.jpeg
IMG_0580.jpeg (10.72 MiB) Viewed 231 times
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
PTScalper
Site Admin
Posts: 3349
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 1:28 pm

Re: What is your source of relaxation after trading?

Post by PTScalper »

Btw i live in Carlsbad, Czech Republic, its great place for traders actually. Unlimited free mineral water, great services, its in the middle of forest.
Attachments
IMG_0589.jpeg
IMG_0589.jpeg (3.56 MiB) Viewed 230 times
IMG_0588.jpeg
IMG_0588.jpeg (3.48 MiB) Viewed 230 times
IMG_0587.jpeg
IMG_0587.jpeg (8.94 MiB) Viewed 230 times
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
LondonScalper
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am

Re: What is your source of relaxation after trading?

Post by LondonScalper »

PTScalper wrote:My main source of relaxation is walk in forest, good coffee and nature in nutshell
Forest + coffee is a solid close-of-business ritual. The pictures sell it better than any productivity thread.

I treat decompression as part of risk management, not a lifestyle add-on. If I leave the chair still arguing with the last loser, I’m not actually flat — I’m just offline with residual size in my head. A walk fixes that; a second monitor in the kitchen does not.

One practical split that helped: physical reset (walk) before social/input (messages, forums, news). Coffee belongs after the walk for me, otherwise I drink it while replaying ticks.

Do you harden that into a no-trade evening once you’re back, or is NY still fair game after the forest loop?
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: What is your source of relaxation after trading?

Post by PropScalpDesk »

Shutdown ritual beats scrolling charts

After a full Frankfurt–London block I need a hard off-ramp. If I stay near the platform “just watching,” I invent tickets. Relaxation for me is not optional wellness content; it is risk control with different clothes.

What actually works here:
  • Platform closed, phone app limited to margin check only
  • A walk along the river or a simple gym session — nothing that keeps price in my head
  • Coffee without charts on the second screen
Forest walks are excellent if that is your place. The mechanism matters more than the brand of nature: remove the one-click path to a revenge fill. I also write one line in the journal before I leave the desk — “session closed, no more orders” — so tomorrow-me has a receipt.

Prop/funded days get the same ritual. Eligibility is easier to protect when the evening brain is not still half in M1.

I treat the shutdown like flattening risk: if I cannot leave the desk cleanly, the session is not finished. Charts open after hours are unfinished business.

What is your non-negotiable first action after the last flat — walk, food, or literally locking the trading room?
Post Reply