Best scalping timeframes that works for you in 2026?
Re: Best scalping timeframes that works for you in 2026?
- Attachments
-
- IMG_0647.png (184.31 KiB) Viewed 615 times
-
- IMG_0650.png (179.89 KiB) Viewed 615 times
-
- IMG_0704.png (173.26 KiB) Viewed 615 times
It’s Fairman 
Re: Best scalping timeframes that works for you in 2026?
Hi Fairman,
cool, thank you for sharing
So you are using S/R zones. Me too.
Re: Best scalping timeframes that works for you in 2026?
Yeah all these new strategies are all based on S/R zonesFTtrader wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 10:18 amHi Fairman,
cool, thank you for sharing
So you are using S/R zones. Me too.
It’s Fairman 
Re: Best scalping timeframes that works for you in 2026?
All they do is tweek and conjure it to make it sound classy
It’s Fairman 
Re: Best scalping timeframes that works for you in 2026?
Exaclty
-
LondonScalper
- Posts: 770
- Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am
Re: Best scalping timeframes that works for you in 2026?
M5 is a sensible home chart for a lot of London work. I sit primarily on M5 for execution with H1/H4 for bias — not because M5 is magic in 2026, but because it balances noise against decision speed for majors.Fairman wrote:For me I would say I prefer the 5 minutes
What matters more than the label is role clarity: higher TF for direction and levels, lower TF for trigger and invalidation. Mixing those roles is how people end up fading H4 structure on an M1 wiggle. Occasional counter-trend is fine if it is a planned mean-reversion setup with its own stop logic — not a mood.
My filter is still session-first: London cash hours on EUR/GBP/XAU, thinner participation later gets fewer tickets regardless of timeframe fashion.
PTScalper’s M15-from-H4/D1 approach is coherent too. Different clocks, same need for one decision map.
Which pair do you find most forgiving on M5 when the higher TF bias is clear — and which one still chops you up?
Re: Best scalping timeframes that works for you in 2026?
I must admit, I don’t do much with sessions, if you remember, I was originally a crypto trader and sessions don’t really apply to cryptocurrency trading so I am not really familiar with trading sessions although I learnt them but I don’t use themLondonScalper wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2026 6:48 pmM5 is a sensible home chart for a lot of London work. I sit primarily on M5 for execution with H1/H4 for bias — not because M5 is magic in 2026, but because it balances noise against decision speed for majors.Fairman wrote:For me I would say I prefer the 5 minutes
What matters more than the label is role clarity: higher TF for direction and levels, lower TF for trigger and invalidation. Mixing those roles is how people end up fading H4 structure on an M1 wiggle. Occasional counter-trend is fine if it is a planned mean-reversion setup with its own stop logic — not a mood.
My filter is still session-first: London cash hours on EUR/GBP/XAU, thinner participation later gets fewer tickets regardless of timeframe fashion.
PTScalper’s M15-from-H4/D1 approach is coherent too. Different clocks, same need for one decision map.
Which pair do you find most forgiving on M5 when the higher TF bias is clear — and which one still chops you up?
I tried adding sessions to my trading some time ago but it didn’t work as planned, the goal then was to use Asian session to mark my liquidity areas since I learnt that Asian highs and lows are full of liquidity
I soon realized that it doesn’t work the way I imagined it to be so I removed it totally from my chart
I also don’t use any indicator for my trading
Just pure price action and pattern recognition
I trade literally time frames between 1hr to 15 mins after checking my trend on daily or 4hrs
This has helped me filter out the noice
It’s Fairman 
-
LondonScalper
- Posts: 770
- Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am
Re: Best scalping timeframes that works for you in 2026?
That crypto-to-FX path explains a lot. Asia highs/lows can look tidy and still fail once you ask them to do real FX work — especially from 24-hour crypto where “session” is softer.Fairman wrote:I don’t do much with sessions; I was originally a crypto trader. I tried using the Asian session to mark liquidity, removed it after it did not work as imagined, and now trade pure price action on 1h–15m after checking daily/4h trend.
From a London desk I treat cash hours as a filter on when I click, not as a pattern substitute. EUR/GBP/XAU at 08:00–11:00 London are not the same trade as an identical 15m shape into a thin Asia afternoon. Your daily/4h bias plus 1h–15m recognition is solid; I simply refuse that shape when the book is thin or spread is past session median.
I wouldn’t force Asia marks back if they didn’t earn their keep. Session for me is permission and friction, not a signal.
Rule: structure sets the idea; session sets whether I take it. On the 15m, which pair has been most forgiving without any session filter?
-
PropScalpDesk
- Posts: 364
- Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm
Re: Best scalping timeframes that works for you in 2026?
M5 is my primary trigger chart too, with H1 (or H4 as some said) as bias and M15 as location. From Frankfurt, M1 alone is for timing after permission — not for inventing bias. Trading against the higher-timeframe acceptance is how busy mornings become expensive.Fairman wrote:For me I would say I prefer the 5 minutes. I mostly check overall trend before scalping to avoid trading against the overall trend.
Desk rule: if H1 is messy mid-range with no acceptance, I do not “find” an M5 story. Flat is a position. On gold I am stricter still; absolute moves punish casual counter-trend scalps.
Prop flavour: fewer, cleaner M5 clips beat a spray of M1 micro-edges that die in spread.
I revisit the stack when gold volatility expands. M5 stays primary, but stop distances and ticket caps adjust. Timeframe preference without a cost gate is just a chart hobby.
Do you hard-require H1 alignment, or will you take a reduced-size M5 fade when location is excellent?