The only trick is getting off the charts to clear the head and return the following day with a clear and calm mindPTScalper wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2026 7:35 pmInterestingFairman wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2026 8:30 pm The First Time a Losing Week Didn't Wreck My Mood for the Following Weekend
Early on, a losing week would follow me home. Distracted at dinner, short-tempered, replaying trades in my head during moments that had nothing to do with trading at all.
There was a specific week, well into my second year of doing this seriously, where I took a genuinely rough loss according to my normal risk parameters, closed the platform Friday afternoon, and just... let it go for the weekend, actually present with the people around me instead.
I remember noticing the absence of the usual mental residue and feeling almost surprised by it.
That wasn't willpower exactly. It was the accumulated result of finally, genuinely trusting my process enough that one bad week didn't feel like evidence the whole thing was falling apart. That trust took a long time to build. It was worth every bit of the wait.
Thank you for sharing it.
How do you handle risk and your stress in longer loosing series? Do you have some tip or trick?
MILESTONES THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED SOMETHING
Re: MILESTONES THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED SOMETHING
It’s Fairman 
Re: MILESTONES THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED SOMETHING
I feel like using demo account at beginning will not help you build the confidence you need to become a profitable traderPTScalper wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2026 7:33 pmYes, i Agree, that first real profit on your own account gives you most of the energyFairman wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2026 8:29 pm The First Prop Firm Payout Taught Me Something the Evaluation Never Could
Passing the challenge felt good. Getting funded felt better.
But the first actual payout hitting my account was a different kind of moment entirely — the first time trading produced something tangible outside the closed loop of a demo-feeling evaluation environment.
What surprised me most wasn't the amount. It was how much more seriously I suddenly took every subsequent trade, now that there was real, withdrawn proof this could actually work as more than a hobby.
That shift in seriousness was good in some ways and dangerous in others, honestly. I had to consciously guard against the pressure of "protecting" that proof from turning into overly cautious, hesitant trading in the following weeks.
What was your first amount on your real account?
And what do you think about using demo account at begining?
It’s like trading lies
It’s Fairman 
Re: MILESTONES THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED SOMETHING
Yeah i Agree.Fairman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 1:20 amI feel like using demo account at beginning will not help you build the confidence you need to become a profitable traderPTScalper wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2026 7:33 pmYes, i Agree, that first real profit on your own account gives you most of the energyFairman wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2026 8:29 pm The First Prop Firm Payout Taught Me Something the Evaluation Never Could
Passing the challenge felt good. Getting funded felt better.
But the first actual payout hitting my account was a different kind of moment entirely — the first time trading produced something tangible outside the closed loop of a demo-feeling evaluation environment.
What surprised me most wasn't the amount. It was how much more seriously I suddenly took every subsequent trade, now that there was real, withdrawn proof this could actually work as more than a hobby.
That shift in seriousness was good in some ways and dangerous in others, honestly. I had to consciously guard against the pressure of "protecting" that proof from turning into overly cautious, hesitant trading in the following weeks.
What was your first amount on your real account?
And what do you think about using demo account at begining?
It’s like trading lies
Biggest difference is in stress. Its not the same, once you risk your own hard earned money.
Half of my trading rules is for keep calm my mind.
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
Re: MILESTONES THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED SOMETHING
For real, a calm mind makes the best decisionsPTScalper wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:16 amYeah i Agree.Fairman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 1:20 amI feel like using demo account at beginning will not help you build the confidence you need to become a profitable traderPTScalper wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2026 7:33 pm
Yes, i Agree, that first real profit on your own account gives you most of the energy
What was your first amount on your real account?
And what do you think about using demo account at begining?
It’s like trading lies
Biggest difference is in stress. Its not the same, once you risk your own hard earned money.
Half of my trading rules is for keep calm my mind.
It’s Fairman 
Re: MILESTONES THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED SOMETHING
Yeah for sure.Fairman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:27 amFor real, a calm mind makes the best decisionsPTScalper wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:16 amYeah i Agree.Fairman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 1:20 am
I feel like using demo account at beginning will not help you build the confidence you need to become a profitable trader
It’s like trading lies
Biggest difference is in stress. Its not the same, once you risk your own hard earned money.
Half of my trading rules is for keep calm my mind.
In my 18+years trading carier i have blown several accounts just because of bad mood or overstressed mind.
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
Re: MILESTONES THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED SOMETHING
That’s the cause for a lot of other people including mePTScalper wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:32 amYeah for sure.
In my 18+years trading carier i have blown several accounts just because of bad mood or overstressed mind.
I also have the revenge trading mindset
It’s Fairman 
Re: MILESTONES THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED SOMETHING
Yeah, revenge trading is one of most bad habit.Fairman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:43 am
That’s the cause for a lot of other people including me
I also have the revenge trading mindset
Time to time i do it too. But in part when i risk only profit, so it is not so big problem.
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
Re: MILESTONES THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED SOMETHING
I forgot to tell you, I tried your strategy with little money,PTScalper wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:53 amYeah, revenge trading is one of most bad habit.
Time to time i do it too. But in part when i risk only profit, so it is not so big problem.
I made 300% profit and withdrew 200% and since I was trading carefree I lost the rest
I realized then that one can not loose focus of the goal when trading
It’s Fairman 
Re: MILESTONES THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED SOMETHING
Yeah,Fairman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:57 amI forgot to tell you, I tried your strategy with little money,PTScalper wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:53 amYeah, revenge trading is one of most bad habit.Fairman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:43 am![]()
That’s the cause for a lot of other people including me
I also have the revenge trading mindset
Time to time i do it too. But in part when i risk only profit, so it is not so big problem.
I made 300% profit and withdrew 200% and since I was trading carefree I lost the rest
I realized then that one can not loose focus of the goal when trading
thats good experience. Once you will try it several times, you will find out, that time to time in that scaling phase from profit you can grow up to several thousands percent profit. Because you will feel better with less stress.
Preserve your own money. Scale with the market's money. Exponential growth is the ultimate key.
Re: MILESTONES THAT ACTUALLY CHANGED SOMETHING
That’s great, I’ve learnt new thingPTScalper wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 10:03 amYeah,Fairman wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:57 amI forgot to tell you, I tried your strategy with little money,PTScalper wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:53 am
Yeah, revenge trading is one of most bad habit.
Time to time i do it too. But in part when i risk only profit, so it is not so big problem.
I made 300% profit and withdrew 200% and since I was trading carefree I lost the rest
I realized then that one can not loose focus of the goal when trading
thats good experience. Once you will try it several times, you will find out, that time to time in that scaling phase from profit you can grow up to several thousands percent profit. Because you will feel better with less stress.
It’s Fairman 