Half retrace entries after the London impulse on EURUSD, no indicators, just the 50 percent line
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:49 am
Half retrace entries after the London impulse on EURUSD, no indicators, just the 50 percent line
about the cleanest thing I trade. London opens, price makes an impulse move of decent size over maybe twenty to forty minutes, and I draw a simple line from the start to the end of that move on M5. Then I wait for price to pull back toward the middle of it.
I'm not looking for exactly fifty percent. I treat the area from about forty to sixty percent as a zone. When price gets in there and I see a rejection candle, like a wick away from the zone and a close in the direction of the impulse, I take the entry. Stop goes beyond the sixty five or seventy percent area, and if price closes beyond the start of the impulse the idea is dead.
Target is the end of the impulse, with a piece left for an extension. What makes it work for me is the impulse has to be real: strong candles, little overlap, a clean break of earlier structure. If the move was choppy, a half retrace means nothing.
Time wise I trade it between about 08:00 and 10:30 GMT. Later it doesn't line up as often.
about the cleanest thing I trade. London opens, price makes an impulse move of decent size over maybe twenty to forty minutes, and I draw a simple line from the start to the end of that move on M5. Then I wait for price to pull back toward the middle of it.
I'm not looking for exactly fifty percent. I treat the area from about forty to sixty percent as a zone. When price gets in there and I see a rejection candle, like a wick away from the zone and a close in the direction of the impulse, I take the entry. Stop goes beyond the sixty five or seventy percent area, and if price closes beyond the start of the impulse the idea is dead.
Target is the end of the impulse, with a piece left for an extension. What makes it work for me is the impulse has to be real: strong candles, little overlap, a clean break of earlier structure. If the move was choppy, a half retrace means nothing.
Time wise I trade it between about 08:00 and 10:30 GMT. Later it doesn't line up as often.