Page 1 of 1

The Funded Trader: scaling out without breaching consistency

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 1:01 am
by LondonScalper
Consistency rules are easy to break by accident when you scale out of trades, so here is how I handled it on an evaluation with a rule like that. The firm has since changed, and every firm words this differently, so check your own terms.

The rule I worked under said that no single trading day could account for more than a certain percentage of total profit. Scaling out itself was not the problem. The problem was that a good day with a runner could create one very large day that broke the ratio.

What I did:
- Took partial profit at 1R on every trade and moved the stop to breakeven, as normal.
- Capped the runner at a fixed target, usually 2.5R, instead of trailing it all day.
- Tracked daily profit as a share of total profit in a spreadsheet, updated after every session.
- When one day was getting close to the limit, I stopped trading for that day even if setups appeared.

The last point felt wrong at first. Stopping on a good day goes against everything about letting winners run. But under that rule, the extra profit would have meant more trading days to dilute it.

The general lesson: read how the firm calculates each rule before you design your exits.