Page 1 of 1

Risk discipline: FAQ from new scalpers

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:05 pm
by LondonNewsTrader
Questions I get from people new to short-hold trading, with the answers I actually give:

How many losses before I stop? I use a daily loss limit in R, not a trade count. Two or three losers can be fine if they were clean. One revenge loser after the limit is the failure.

Do I trade news? You trade a written blackout and a written re-entry rule. "Trading news" without those is gambling with a calendar open.

What size? Small enough that a full stop feels boring. If your pulse changes, size is too large for your current process.

Should I move the stop to break-even quickly? Only if that is in the playbook for that setup. Automatic BE on every M1 scalp is how you donate winners to noise.

Why did my demo work and live not? Costs, hesitation, and news windows you skipped on demo. Fix the live sheet before you chase a new strategy.

I keep this FAQ short on purpose. Risk discipline for new scalpers is a short list of hard stops on behaviour, not a long list of indicators.