Account leverage reduction after a big win: broker risk engines
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:00 pm
I am not going to name a broker behaviour as policy - engines differ and terms change. What I will say is what happened on my side and what I do about it.
After a strong week I once found effective buying power lower than I expected on Monday. Whether that was a risk-engine haircut, a weekend mark, or my own misunderstanding of used margin across pairs, the result was the same: the size I had planned for London did not fit.
Now, after any week that is unusually green, I check margin and tradeable size on Sunday evening on the live account, not in my head. I place a tiny demo-equivalent check on the live platform (open and close a minimum ticket) if anything looks off. London size is set from what the account will actually allow, not from Friday's euphoria.
Risk engines are not my edge. My edge is not needing maximum leverage to take a two-pip EURUSD scalp. If size is capped, I trade the cap or I stand aside. I do not invent a heavier ticket to "use" a big week.
After a strong week I once found effective buying power lower than I expected on Monday. Whether that was a risk-engine haircut, a weekend mark, or my own misunderstanding of used margin across pairs, the result was the same: the size I had planned for London did not fit.
Now, after any week that is unusually green, I check margin and tradeable size on Sunday evening on the live account, not in my head. I place a tiny demo-equivalent check on the live platform (open and close a minimum ticket) if anything looks off. London size is set from what the account will actually allow, not from Friday's euphoria.
Risk engines are not my edge. My edge is not needing maximum leverage to take a two-pip EURUSD scalp. If size is capped, I trade the cap or I stand aside. I do not invent a heavier ticket to "use" a big week.