Both accounts use the same setups, the same platform and the same broker feed for charting. My results are noticeably different, and after about six months I think I understand why.
On my own capital, a loss is a loss. It's real money, so it hurts, but it's also my money and my decision. I can absorb a bad week. The feeling is steady and familiar.
On the challenge account, a loss has a second meaning. It moves me closer to a line where everything ends. Even a small loss feels like it threatens the whole account, so I feel each one more sharply than the money involved would justify.
The odd part is how that changes my behaviour in opposite ways.
On my own capital I lean towards overconfidence. On the challenge account it's timidity. After two losers I tend to skip valid setups, or take them with a tighter stop than they need. My winners get cut short.
What's helped. I look at the challenge drawdown limit once, at the start of each day, and then hide it. I trade from the same written plan on both accounts. And I review them together each week, comparing the same setups side by side, so I can see where I'm drifting on each.
The setups don't know which account they're in. The trader does, and that's the part I'm working on.
Emotional difference: challenge account vs own capital scalps
-
LondonScalper
- Posts: 843
- Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am