Page 1 of 1

The Account Reset Ritual (Story)

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:57 pm
by Fairman
The Account Reset Ritual (Story)

A composite story based on patterns many traders experience. Names are illustrative.

Let's call her Temi. She noticed something about her blown accounts: each one ended the same way, with a series of increasingly emotional trades. Yet each time she'd deposit again and promise herself things would be different.

After the third failure, she tried something new. Instead of immediately funding another account, she created a reset ritual.

Step one: wait two weeks with no trading. Step two: write a full post-mortem of what happened, including the exact decisions and feelings. Step three: identify the three rules that would have prevented the blow-up. Step four: write them on a card. Step five: practice on demo for 30 days, following those rules perfectly. Step six: only then go live, with a smaller size than before.

The first time she did this, she felt impatient. The pause felt like wasted time. But it changed something. She no longer felt the urge to chase a quick comeback.

Her next account didn't explode. It wasn't spectacular, but it survived long enough for her skills to grow.

She told a friend: "The reset isn't about punishing myself. It's about refusing to repeat the same story."

If you've hit a bad patch, consider a deliberate reset. A structured pause often saves more money than a quick return.

Re: The Account Reset Ritual (Story)

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2026 9:21 pm
by Shadow Trader
The two week pause is the step I see people skip most, and I think it's the one doing the heavy lifting. Writing a post mortem the same evening tends to produce excuses rather than findings.

When I did my own version after a bad run, the post mortem changed a lot between day two and day ten. On day two it was all about the market being unfair. By day ten I could see that four of my five biggest losers came after 11:00, when I'd already hit my normal trade count.

I'd add one thing to the ritual. Before going live again, set a number for what counts as a fail on the new account, like a 6% drawdown or three rule breaks in a week. Then the next reset is planned instead of emotional.

The 30 days on demo is where I'd disagree slightly. Demo fills are kinder, so I'd do the last ten days on a micro live account.

How would Temi know the three rules are the right three, and not just the most recent mistakes?