News map for AUDUSD: events that actually move it
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 11:32 am
AUDUSD does not care about every red flag on a generic calendar.
I built a short news map for that pair alone: which releases actually move my session book, and which are noise that only widen spreads. RBA and China-related prints matter more than a random European second-tier number that lights up the calendar plugin. The map is boring on purpose.
How I maintain it
What belongs on your AUDUSD-only map that a global calendar keeps overrating?
I revisit the AUDUSD map after each RBA cycle and after any quarter where China data repeatedly moved the pair in my session hours. Maps rot. A stale map is how you flat for noise and stay long into the print that actually matters.
If an event stays on the map but stops moving AUDUSD for a quarter, it gets demoted. Sentiment is not evidence.
I built a short news map for that pair alone: which releases actually move my session book, and which are noise that only widen spreads. RBA and China-related prints matter more than a random European second-tier number that lights up the calendar plugin. The map is boring on purpose.
How I maintain it
- Tag big AUDUSD days in the journal for a quarter
- Keep events that repeatedly show range expansion or failed fades
- Drop events that only cost me spread without direction
What belongs on your AUDUSD-only map that a global calendar keeps overrating?
I revisit the AUDUSD map after each RBA cycle and after any quarter where China data repeatedly moved the pair in my session hours. Maps rot. A stale map is how you flat for noise and stay long into the print that actually matters.
If an event stays on the map but stops moving AUDUSD for a quarter, it gets demoted. Sentiment is not evidence.