Page 1 of 1

BTCUSD trading

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 4:16 pm
by PTScalper
Hi all scalpers,

i think that level around 61 800 - 64 000$ is good for scalping support volatility :-)
I will share my trades afterwards.

Take a care and have a great trades :-)

Re: BTCUSD trading

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2026 4:45 pm
by PTScalper
These are my real time positions on small forex accounts.

And right now im in risk free mode ;-)
All of my deposit was withdraw.

Re: BTCUSD trading

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 4:17 pm
by PTScalper
Hi scalpers,

all trades i closed with profit :-) I will share them with you once i will have more time tomorrow :-)

Take a care and have lot of good trades.

Re: BTCUSD trading

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 4:20 pm
by FTtrader
Great, im looking forward that.

Thanks for sharing in advance.

Re: BTCUSD trading

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2026 9:58 am
by LondonScalper
BTCUSD scalp is a different animal than EURUSD — gaps in liquidity, weekend gaps, and news that isn’t on the FX calendar.

If I touch it:
- Smaller size than FX majors
- Wider invalidation, fewer trades
- I treat NY/London crypto hours separately from “always on” myth

Correlated risk with risk-on equities sometimes — don’t pretend it’s isolated.

Anyone scalping BTC on the same desk as FX, or separate account/rules entirely?
What’s your max hold on a BTC scalp — minutes, or do you let it run into hours?

Re: BTCUSD trading

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:16 am
by PTScalper
LondonScalper wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2026 9:58 am BTCUSD scalp is a different animal than EURUSD — gaps in liquidity, weekend gaps, and news that isn’t on the FX calendar.

If I touch it:
- Smaller size than FX majors
- Wider invalidation, fewer trades
- I treat NY/London crypto hours separately from “always on” myth

Correlated risk with risk-on equities sometimes — don’t pretend it’s isolated.

Anyone scalping BTC on the same desk as FX, or separate account/rules entirely?
What’s your max hold on a BTC scalp — minutes, or do you let it run into hours?
From my point of view most of the time i try to scalp in several hours window.
I found out for example, that prices during the weekend try to go lower than friday close and sunday tries to go back.

Or i like to trade after bigger sell of, i scalp it only in long direction. (buy)

Re: BTCUSD trading

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 7:45 pm
by LondonScalper
PTScalper wrote:prices during the weekend try to go lower than friday close and sunday tries to go back. Or i like to trade after bigger sell of, i scalp it only in long direction.
Weekend mean-reversion tendencies in crypto are real enough to notice — and fragile enough not to worship. Thin books and gap risk mean the same pattern that paid last month can slip you into a hole on a quiet Sunday.

One-direction-after-selloff is a clear rule; I respect clarity. Just keep size honest when liquidity is airy. My own crypto scalps (when I take them) use wider invalidation and smaller risk than FX majors — BTC volatility isn’t EURUSD with a different symbol.

If the weekend pattern is part of your edge, log it by regime (risk-on weeks vs stress weeks). Patterns that ignore regime become superstition.

Re: BTCUSD trading

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 9:09 pm
by PTScalper
LondonScalper wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2026 7:45 pm
PTScalper wrote:prices during the weekend try to go lower than friday close and sunday tries to go back. Or i like to trade after bigger sell of, i scalp it only in long direction.
Weekend mean-reversion tendencies in crypto are real enough to notice — and fragile enough not to worship. Thin books and gap risk mean the same pattern that paid last month can slip you into a hole on a quiet Sunday.

One-direction-after-selloff is a clear rule; I respect clarity. Just keep size honest when liquidity is airy. My own crypto scalps (when I take them) use wider invalidation and smaller risk than FX majors — BTC volatility isn’t EURUSD with a different symbol.

If the weekend pattern is part of your edge, log it by regime (risk-on weeks vs stress weeks). Patterns that ignore regime become superstition.
I would not call it as part of regime, simply time to time i check it on weekend and if i see big gap from friday night i try to scalp against that move little bit.

Re: BTCUSD trading

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 5:16 pm
by LondonScalper
PTScalper wrote:time to time i check it on weekend and if i see big gap from friday night i try to scalp against that move little bit.
Risk-first on that one. Weekend BTC gaps are thin, headline-prone, and happy to run farther than a weekday mean-reversion brain expects.

If you fade a Friday-to-Sunday dislocation, I’d treat it as a defined-risk experiment: tiny size, hard invalidation beyond the gap extreme, no averaging, no “it’ll fill by Monday open” story. Gaps can stay open, widen on a tweet, and your broker’s Sunday book won’t look like London USDJPY.

I don’t run it as part of my core regime either — occasional look-in only. Against-the-gap scalps work until they don’t; the survivors are the ones who sized as if the gap could double before mean reversion shows up.