Page 4 of 4

Re: Everything you need to know about prop firms

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2026 4:29 pm
by LondonScalper
Fairman wrote:The comparison I wish existed before I bought my first challenge
Plain-English firm notes are more useful than glossy comparison tables — agreed.

What I would add from a risk seat: read the daily loss and trailing/static DD as trading constraints, not as marketing. A 5% daily and 10% max sounds similar across brands until you ask whether equity or balance is used, whether open P&L counts, and how news/EA rules are enforced. Those details decide whether your normal London scalp style even fits.

Also price the fee as a cost of education/evaluation, not as prepaid profit. Challenge math only works if your process already survives your own 1% risk rules; the firm’s rulebook should be an overlay, not the strategy.

Useful thread if you keep columns for: DD calculation method, news policy, min days, and payout friction — not only split percentages.

Which constraint surprised you most on your first challenge — daily loss, consistency rule, or news ban?

Re: Everything you need to know about prop firms

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:00 pm
by PropScalpDesk
Compare rulebooks, not Instagram payouts

Firm-by-firm fee and split tables are useful. The part that decides whether a scalper survives is usually smaller print: trailing versus static drawdown, consistency, news, EA policy, weekend holding, and how support interprets “around news.”

My pre-purchase checklist from a full-time Frankfurt seat:
  • Can I trade my actual session without living inside blackout windows?
  • Does trailing drawdown start from balance, equity, or high-water — and when does it update?
  • Is there a best-day profit cap that punishes one clean open?
  • Payout rhythm and minimum — discipline after funding matters as much as the pass itself.
I ignore scaling-plan fantasy percentages until I have one real withdrawal. Marketing is not a track record, and a cheap challenge fee is expensive if the rules fight your session.

I also skim payout processing time and any rule that changes after you scale. A firm that is fine at fifty thousand can become awkward at the next tier if consistency or news language tightens. Read the scaled account FAQ with the same care as the challenge FAQ.

If you have traded more than one firm: which single rule difference changed your size or session most — daily loss, trailing drawdown, or news?