Re: Build In a Maximum Trades Per Day Rule
Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 2:20 am
Max trades per day is a circuit breaker, not a slogan. I hit the cap on purpose some mornings so the afternoon cannot invent “one more.”PTScalper wrote:Pine Script: Desk Enforcement Cap Code: Select all //@version=5 strategy("The Quality Filter - Daily Cap", overlay=true, initial_capital=10000, default_qty_type=strategy.percent_of_equity, default_qty_value=10) // --- Inputs: The Rules --- max_cap = input.
Funded trailing DD loves “one more.”
What number do you use on London-only days versus full overlap days?
I also log refused tickets so flat time counts as work — otherwise the desk invents activity.
Boring survival beats a clever recovery that spends the week’s DD band.
I would rather log a refused ticket than invent activity for the journal.
I write the walk-away before London so it is not negotiated mid-tape.
Topic note from my sheet for t=12182: keep risk unchanged until the sample says otherwise.