Page 3 of 3

Re: THE PART OF SCALPING NOBODY TALKS ABOUT

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 11:40 am
by PropScalpDesk
Fairman wrote:Burnout doesn't look like quitting. It looks like slowly trading worse without noticing.
That is the dangerous version. Slightly looser stops, slightly more tickets, slightly shorter sleep — equity dies quietly. From Frankfurt I watch process metrics for burnout before P&L: plan-adherence rate, ticket count creep, and whether I still take the post-session walk.

Rule: if adherence drops two sessions in a row, I cut size and shorten the trading window. I do not “push through” with full risk. Sustainable life around trading is not wellness branding; it is how you still have an account next quarter.

On funded risk, burnout shows up as soft daily stops that used to be rare. That is a red light, not a motivation problem.

I schedule lighter weeks on purpose after heavy news calendars. Recovery is not laziness; it is how reaction times return. Trading worse while telling yourself you are “pushing” is the quiet account killer.

What early warning do you trust most — sleep, ticket count, or journal tone?