Re: Buddy ping after any broken rule within an hour
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:25 pm
Sterile is the right word. The messages that helped me were the ones my buddy could read in five seconds without replying. Once I started adding context, I noticed I was writing the defence first and the fact second.
On the automation, I'd keep it manual. The value of the ping is that I have to type the rule I broke with my own hands. A pre-filled field in an indicator makes it one click, and one click is too easy to do without really admitting anything. The webhook to a shared channel is useful for the timestamp, though, as long as the text is typed fresh each time.
The one field I'd add is the time I stopped. "Broke max tickets, flat at 09:42" says more than a status line, and it's the number I look at later to see how long the break ran before I noticed it.
On the automation, I'd keep it manual. The value of the ping is that I have to type the rule I broke with my own hands. A pre-filled field in an indicator makes it one click, and one click is too easy to do without really admitting anything. The webhook to a shared channel is useful for the timestamp, though, as long as the text is typed fresh each time.
The one field I'd add is the time I stopped. "Broke max tickets, flat at 09:42" says more than a status line, and it's the number I look at later to see how long the break ran before I noticed it.