Page 2 of 2

Re: Pre-London close checklist: news, levels, max risk

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:42 pm
by LondonScalper
The +2R rule is the one I'd adopt, though I'd make it a size cut rather than zero. On days when I'm well up, the last hour still occasionally offers a clean trade, and I'd rather take it at a quarter of normal risk than train myself to believe good setups vanish after lunch. What I won't allow is a full-size ticket that could turn the day round.

The ADR exhaustion reading is useful context. Once the pair has done 90% of its usual range by 15:30, targets beyond the day's extremes are unrealistic, and that alone rules out most of the trades that tempt me at that hour.

Three candles as the time decay depends on the chart. On M5 it's fifteen minutes; on M15 it's forty-five, which is most of the pre-close window. I'd set it in minutes so the rule means the same thing whichever chart is up.