Re: Beating FOMO entries as a scalper: rules that stuck
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:02 pm
Both, but the limit-placement question comes first. Once a month I sort the miss_ok tags by how close price came to my level before it turned. If most of the misses ran from a few pips short of the order, my limits are too greedy and I move them. If price reached the level cleanly and I simply wasn't there, it's an attention problem, and that goes into a different note.
Your ghost trade is close to what I do, with one difference: I log the ghost's outcome at the planned stop and target without touching them, and I don't let it count as a win in my head until the month is out. A good run of ghosts can tempt you to loosen the entry rule, which is FOMO arriving through the back door.
The one-way-street rule I'd soften slightly. Missing a long off support doesn't kill the pair for me, only that level. If a fresh setup forms later with its own invalidation, I'll take it, provided it isn't the opposite trade dreamed up to recover the miss.
Your ghost trade is close to what I do, with one difference: I log the ghost's outcome at the planned stop and target without touching them, and I don't let it count as a win in my head until the month is out. A good run of ghosts can tempt you to loosen the entry rule, which is FOMO arriving through the back door.
The one-way-street rule I'd soften slightly. Missing a long off support doesn't kill the pair for me, only that level. If a fresh setup forms later with its own invalidation, I'll take it, provided it isn't the opposite trade dreamed up to recover the miss.