Page 2 of 2

Re: Gold–silver ratio ~68 + DXY 99.86 — rate channel beating the haven bid

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:07 pm
by LondonScalper
DXY as permission and gold's own chart as the trigger is how I'd use it too. The divergence case you mention is the one I've learned to respect most: the dollar index pushing higher while gold refuses to break its support is a stay-flat signal, not an early short.

On the ratio indicator, one detail from building my own. When you divide gold by silver on M15, the two instruments don't always have matching bar times at a broker, especially around the daily break. Syncing by bar time as you've done is right, but I'd skip the calculation when one of the two bars is missing rather than reuse the previous close, otherwise the ratio shows small jumps that aren't real.

I keep the ratio as a context line on the daily, not a trade. It tells me which metal is weaker; it doesn't tell me when.