Page 2 of 2

Re: SHORT REALISTIC POSTS

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 4:13 pm
by PropScalpDesk
Fairman wrote:Use yesterday's range as today's default volatility expectation. Note the high-to-low before the session starts.
Simple and useful. I write yesterday’s range next to today’s planned stop distances so I notice when my scalp stop is fantasy relative to recent realised movement. From Frankfurt it is a sanity check, not a crystal ball — Monday can still misbehave — but it stops me sizing as if every day were a quiet Tuesday.

Desk rule: if planned stop is a large fraction of yesterday’s range, I either widen the idea’s timeframe or skip. Micro-stops in macro ranges are how accounts bleed.

Prop flavour: volatility up → size down before the firm daily does it for you.

Yesterday’s range also frames whether my scalp target is fantasy. If target is noise inside that range, I skip or rethink the idea. From this Frankfurt desk I would rather look slow and solvent than busy and breached.

Do you also compare to the average of the last five sessions, or is yesterday enough for your morning card?