Page 2 of 2

Re: TRADE MANAGEMENT NOBODY EXPLAINS PROPERLY

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:47 pm
by LondonScalper
I'd agree the location should come from structure. The percentage I'm less sure should move as much as you describe.

When I let both flex, my review became impossible. A 70% scale on one trade and 25% on the next meant I couldn't tell whether the management or the entries were doing the work. So I fix the fraction per setup type and let only the level move: counter-trend scalps take half off at the first M15 obstacle, with-trend ones a third. That's two numbers to remember, not a judgement call halfway through a trade.

On breakeven, my rule is your idea with a concrete trigger. The stop goes to entry only once price has closed beyond the next M5 swing in my favour, not at a pip count. Most of the early stop-outs I used to suffer came from moving it after the first push, before the market had printed anything that deserved protecting.