Advertisement IC Markets

⚡ The Ultimate Scalper's Tool: Jurik Moving Average (JMA) Explained + MT4/MT5 Code!

Optimize MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, cTrader, and TradingView for speed. Discuss Level II Market Depth (DOM), custom hotkeys, and volume indicators.
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: ⚡ The Ultimate Scalper's Tool: Jurik Moving Average (JMA) Explained + MT4/MT5 Code!

Post by PropScalpDesk »

Making location the gate is sensible, and it's close to what I do, just less specific about sweeps. A JMA turn only counts for me if price is within about 5 pips of a level marked before the session: prior day high or low, the Asia range, or an M15 swing. Anything mid-range is ignored, sweep or not.

I'd be careful with "just swept". On EURUSD M1 some M15 fractal gets taken out several times a morning, and afterwards nearly every turn looks like it followed one. I caught myself relabelling ordinary pullbacks as sweeps to justify the JMA signal. A level list written before the open removes that, because the level exists before the turn does.

One practical detail: JMA's phase setting changes how early it turns more than the length does. I keep phase at 0 on M1. Positive values make it overshoot and paint turns that reverse a bar later.
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
Post Reply