Advertisement IC Markets

Simple 1 minute forex scalping strategy for beginners

Discuss 1-minute to 15-minute price action setups, fading intraday momentum, key support/resistance zones, and proven short-term trading methodologies.
PropScalpDesk
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 pm

Re: Simple 1 minute forex scalping strategy for beginners

Post by PropScalpDesk »

PTScalper wrote:For MetaTrader, a clean text dashboard with Comment plus a pop-up alert when conditions align beats painting the chart with ten objects.
Dashboards help if they summarise permissions you already believe. They hurt if they invent urgency. From Frankfurt I like a top-corner state: bias, spread gate, session tag, max tickets left. Cross-platform ports to cTrader/Pine are fine — verification is the work.

Desk rule: alerts never auto-order on funded risk. Alert → human checklist → click. Any script that skips the checklist stays on demo.

Beginners especially need the dashboard to say “flat is allowed,” not only “entry now.”

Cross-platform dashboards should show the same permissions language. If MT4 says one thing and Pine another, I trust neither until reconciled. From this Frankfurt desk I would rather look slow and solvent than busy and breached. Concrete habit: if the rule is not written on the morning card, it does not exist mid-session. I will not invent discipline from memory while the spread is moving.

What fields sit on your live dashboard — and which one do you trust enough to hard-block a trade?
Recommended broker for automated trading & scalping IC Markets
LondonNewsTrader
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2026 9:30 am

Re: Simple 1 minute forex scalping strategy for beginners

Post by LondonNewsTrader »

PTScalper wrote: Once you will see, that on M15 is RSI higher than 75 and market in last days fall down at average around 80 - 100 pips
I think one condition is reversed. After a drop of 70 pips during the day, the M15 RSI will normally be low, often below 30, not above 75. RSI above 75 together with a fall would be very rare. I'd guess the intended rule is RSI below 25 for the buy after the drop, and above 75 for a sell after a rise.

The structure of the idea is sound: daily average range for context, the day's move relative to it, and a higher timeframe level to lean on. The part I'd add is the reason for the drop. If 70 pips came from steady selling in a quiet session, the bounce from daily support has a decent chance. If it came from a data surprise or a central bank comment, the average range doesn't apply that day, and the level often breaks.

A 40 to 70 pip range is also a big target for a one-minute strategy, so the stop needs to be sized for it.
Post Reply